Interpal is a non-political charity based in the UK. By working with partners in Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan we aim to alleviate the suffering of the Palestinian people by providing relief and development to those in need.
Founded in 1994 upon the ray of hope that was the Oslo Accord, Interpal sought to concentrate on four major areas of concern; under-nourishment, poor medical services, shortages in the provision of education and rehabilitation facilities for the injured and disabled.
After opening a HQ in London, Interpal has now expanded and opened four additional branches in Birmingham, Manchester, Bradford and Leicester. In order to maximise the efficiency of our work and to ensure that we respond to the Palestinians most current needs, Interpal has opened a field office in the Gaza Strip. This also allows us to distribute humanitarian aid swiftly and efficiently to the Palestinians in need.
Due to the volatile and dangerous situation in the Occupied Territories, there can be several difficulties when working Palestine. As a result we believe that it is far more effective to transfer funds to local authorised partners in the region and allow goods and supplies to be purchased within the area.
Our passion for justice and the preservation of human dignity commits Interpal to helping Palestinians in need.
We have the expertise you need to:
- Provide humanitarian relief, emergency aid and development support
- Promote good health within the communities
- Advance education
- Provide essential social welfare facilities and services
• We believe in the individuals right to live in peace, justice and dignity
• We exist to provide relief and development support to the Palestinians in need
• We build bridges between donors and needy Palestinians
• We are conscious of the trust placed in us to care for and use donations responsibly
• We are accountable to the communities in which we operate
• We respond positively to the requests of our donors for the benefit of the Palestinians in need
• We are ethical, effective and efficient
• We are non-partisan in the distribution of our aid
• We operate with full transparency and accountability
• We believe that success is attainable when outstanding people work together in harmony
To be the charity of choice for UK donors, by 2015, who want to support and care for the Palestinians in need.